The Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller is actually not only the perfect double stroller for Chicco Cortina Together Double Strolleran infant and a toddler, it also accomodates two infants, as it is able to held two car seats at a time. The one drawback is that you have to buy the Chicco keyfit 30 infant car seat or the Chicco 1-rated keyfit car seat. Chicco actually created a system here, you won’t need any adapters and the seats fit perfectly, which makes them safer for your kids. So you can use this double stroller for an infant and a toddler or for two infants.
If you have an infant and a toddler you might just put any carseat in the back, it will stay in place just fine as long as you don´t venture offroad, which this double stroller isn´t made for, anyway. The toddler will have to go in the front seat in this case.
The features of the Chicco Cortina Together best double stroller
- the adjustable handlehas three positions, good for tall dads and short moms
- double stroller for infant and toddler
- A great double stroller for infant and toddler
- the storage basked has a zipper that makes it easier to get into it, even if the seats are fully reclined. This is an important feature in my opinion, there are enough strollers around that make it difficult to get to the content of the storage area. And the last thing you want to do is to wake up your baby once it has fallen asleep, just because you have to get something out of the storage basket
- the storage basked is big enough to carry a reasonable amount of stuff (for example a normal sized diaper bag), even though it doubles as leg space for the backseat passenger
- the rear seat reclines fully to accomodate a basinette or the car seat. Using the canopy of the basinette and the canopy of the stroller, you can pretty much cover up entirely your baby – a great feature if it is really sunny or windy.
- the front seat reclines a little, but not much (you don’t want squash the little passenger in the back, right?)
- the seat paddings can be machine washed at delicate cycle and using a mild detergent
- the canopies are adjustable to provide shade in any position, even if they are not exactly the biggest on the market
- the canopies are high enough for an average five year old to fit in comfortably
- there is a peekaboo window in the canopy of the back seat, so you will be able to see your baby, in case you use this double stroller for an infant and a toddler
- the weight limit for each seat is 40 pounds (my twins reached this mark just before they turned five)
- the seats sport padded five point harnesses – which should be standard in any stroller!
- The Chicco Cortina comes with a baby bumper, or you can put in a cup holder. The baby bumper doesn’t swing open, like in other strollers to let a toddler get off all by himself, but it comes off and snaps in easily, so it is nor really a hassle just to take it off.
- there is a parent tray, although it is kind of on the small side it will hold two bottles (or cups of coffee) and there is a small compartment for keys and a cell etc.
- the suspension at all four wheels makes for a smooth ride
- the front swivel wheels can be locked which will make navegating rough ground easier,although the Chicco Cortina is definitely not a jogger. But you will be able to manage the playground, dirt paths at the park etc. On the other hand the smaller wheels run really smooth at the mall and in the city.
- the brakes can be put into place and lifted with one foot
- folding up is easy,you can even do it with one hand (and one foot). It is done in
- Folds up easily, stands by itself
- a moment and an important plus of the Chicco Cortina.folded up it stands by itself
- it isn’t too light weight at 34 pounds, but still lighter than other double strollers ( Chicco states that it is a 15 % lighter than other comparable double strollers)
Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller: The material
The frame is made off anodized elliptical aluminum tubes that guarantee stablitity and are not too heavy on the other side. The woven fabric is an italian design.
Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller: What do others say?
On buzzillions.com there are only three reviews for the Chicco Cortina so far. Two of the customers gave four out of five stars, the third one only three, because he thought the Chicco Double Stroller was still too heavy. While I understand his point fo view, I disagree at this point: if you want a somewhat sturdy double stroller (and belive me, you want one – nothing worse that having your stroller brake down while fully loaded with two kids under two and all the gear they need!), it will have to be a little on the heavy side. Lightweight materials just tend to be less sturdy.
This customer also stated that the Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller didn’t fit into the trunk of his car, they had to return it for this reason. On Amazon the Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller has a solid four (out of five) star
Here are some snippets of what moms and dads say on Amazon
Overall, I am VERY happy with this product
I LOVE this stroller! I’ve tried so many doubles that I’ve lost track, and I’ve hated them all. They’re too long, too wide, too hard to steer, etc. Not this one!
The stroller is light, and when folded seems basically the same size as the single Cortina we have.
The only frustrating thing is that the front shade constantly pops off when you fold it. But it is easy to snap back on. (There are more customers who complain about this, but they all say it is easy to put it on again, so I would say it is not a mayor drawback)
The only customer that gave a one star rating on Amazon so far, said it was just too heavy for her. And she is certainly right – 15 % lighter than similar double strollers might be nice, but it is really not that much either. As I discussed earlier, double strollers tend to be on the heavy side, and there is a reason for that. The only really good double strollers that are somewhat light weight are the MacLaren Twin Strollers, which are nice, but lack a lot of the features the Chicco Cortina has.
There are lots of different combinations!
The Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller is a relatively compact tandem stroller and maneuvres well, it doesn´t feel like steering a train when you use it. It is not much wider than a single stroller and fits through about any door. I really like the fact that you have so many possibilities to seat your children, and I just love the zipper at the storage basked.
I think combined with the Chicco Car Seats the Chicco Double Stroller is a great double stroller for twins, and with just one car seat it is the perfect stroller for an infant and a toddler!